Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lesson Learned???

Barb and I celebrated Ded's 4oth birthday last night. I drank a reasonable amount and felt that we were pretty responsible when Barb and I called our husbands for a ride home. But something must have gone wrong with me last night. Maybe it was the Margarita that I drank at Chili's after the party? Maybe it was the combination of vodka and tequila? Maybe I'm a lightweight, or maybe it is my old age? (B is the one who thought up that stupid idea) Whatever it was, I was sick, sick, sick. OMG, I haven't felt that bad in a long time. Of course the after effects lingered throughout the day as well.

Remember I am taking medication for my heart? Well, I'm beginning to think that the medication is enhancing the effects of alcohol. My body felt like it was pulsating this morning as I lay in bed and I was dizzy whenever I got out of bed. I've read the medication percautions thorougly and I've never found anything stating that there would be side effects.

What have I learned? That I can't drink more than two cocktails and I will NEVER let Barb talk me into drinking like that again. I am personally blaming Barb for all my troubles.

1 comment:

BarbB said...

So I already said I'd take the blame if that's what will make my friend feel better. Anyone who knows me, knows what a lush I am (NOT!) and I'm sure you can imagine how much arm twisting was involved. ;)