I've decided that I've lost my mind and I need a time out. When we were in Wisconsin in September I got a call from DISH network. They said my account was overdue. "How could this be, it comes out automatically?'' Well sure enough, something had happened at the bank and the automatic withdraw didn't happen. Then in December the same call but from the electric company. This unfortunately, does not come out automatically, I had completely missed a payment. Again, "How can this be, I follow my budget sheet each tine I pay the bills to make sure this doesn't happen?" Well, the electric company had changed their billing cycle, I thought the payment was due on the first and it came during the 15th billing. So when the bill came I stashed it in the bill caddy thinking it was for next month. Then when they sent the reminder I didn't open it thinking it was the regular bill. DUH! Now the student loan is due. You have to go through a long "Sign In" process on line and I did that. Even paid my bill, but then I noticed that it didn't come out on the date that I chose. Humm, guess it takes awhile. Guess what? I'm behind. Should someone take away my license to be an adult? Can I be a kid again?
Apparently I need to get my act together. This is embarrassing to admit to all of you, but I figure telling all of you works sort of like a confessional, so I said ten Hail Mary's, I am forgiven, and then I get my act together from here on out. Thanks for listening.
Almost Finished
14 years ago

3 comments:
Once in a while I go through something so much like what you describe. Don't know if it helps, but you're not alone in how you feel. I say don't beat yourself up over it.
Dang! I hate it when that happens! You are allowed a slip up every so often. After all, you do so much, things just get lost in the shuffle sometimes. Been there, done that. Catch up and move on.
If they turn off your electricity then take a road trip to visit me in Houston. My hubby takes care of the bills so we are covered! LOL!
Stupid is relative. I think if you want to be stupid, be stupid over bills. We're in a recession and really, if the student loan lenders needed their money that bad, they would have created terms that were more harsh from the get go.
If you start leaving the house without pants, well, that's another story.
Post a Comment