Tonight I found myself wondering if my family had finally found "normal." After a supper of home make pizza, and once the kitchen was clean my family all separated throughout the house finding their own solitude and happiness. Big T has been studying for his contractor's license so he is sprawled out on our king sized bed learning the technical mumbo jumbo of being a contractor. B loves the flight simulator game he got for Christmas, so he is flying from San Francisco to Dallas. Little T is feverishly reading a book to it's end so that he can meet his reading goal in school, and C is free drawing while listening to his ipod. My house was quiet, and no one was demanding anything from anyone. Is this what normal families do? I guess it doesn't matter, whatever this is, I'm happy just to soak it all in.
With everyone doing their own thing I was freed up to spend time with my treadmill. I've renewed my relationship with the treadmill and found that we really are more compatible than I had originally thought. In the past, my treadmill and I could only hang out in the office, with me facing the wall as I walked/jogged. Even though I listened to my ipod or tried to read, I would focus in on the time or distance that I had gone, therefore never really accomplishing a good solid work out. Fifteen minutes can sure drag on and on.
I don't want to say that I've set a New Year's Resolution to loose weight, but instead I've set a goal to look good for my 40th birthday and to improve my health. That gives me a good 9 months to work toward this goal. So I decided that watching tv during my workout would take my mind off the time/distance problem and get me more focused on my body and pushing myself when need be. Guess what? It worked! Big T and I moved the treadmill to the basement and I've having fun ever since. Yep, I said fun. I have never enjoyed the treadmill but times are changing.
I'll keep you posted as I go.
Almost Finished
14 years ago

1 comment:
Good for you on the working out and becoming healthy. So glad you can enjoy it. As for the "normal" comment - how would I possibly know what normal is????
Post a Comment